Family History Library Favorites
Link to Individual Bookmarks files
If you right click on Bookmark.htm a window will open up with
the option to "Save Target As..."
Clicking on "Save Target As..." will open up a Window called "Save As".
You can save Bookmark.htm in the folder of your choice on your hard drive.
Importing the Bookmark.htm file into Internet Explorer.
1.Click on the "File" menu in Internet Explorer and click on the "Import and Export" menu.
This will open up Import/Export Wizard and click "Next" to continue.
2. Highlight "Import Favorites" and click "Next".
3. Browse... to the location where Bookmark.htm is located on your hard drive and highlight it and click "Open".
4. Click "Next".
5. The Import Favorites Destination Folder window will open. Highlight the folder in Internet Explorer
where the imported favorites will be placed and click "Next".
To Create a folder in Internet Explorer Favorites go to the Favorites menu and open it.
Then click on "Organize Favorites..."
In the Organize Favorites window Click on the "Create Folder" and a new folder will be
created. You can then name the folder.
6. In the next window click "Finish" and the files will be
7. After a few minutes pause a "Successfully imported favorites" message will appear, and you can close
any open windows.
8. You will have six folders in the folder you imported the favorites to.
The folders are: British, Canada & USA, International, News, Search Engines and World.
You can go to this Website to ( Make Your Own Bookmark Page)
"If you've been collecting genealogical bookmarks for some time now, you may be having difficulty keeping them
organized in your browser's bookmark facility. An easy way to fix this would be to create your own bookmark
page, or even a small set of interlinked bookmark pages, saved on your own hard drive."
"You can do this using your word processor program or a text editor such as WordPad or NotePad so long as you save
the file as a text file instead of a formatted document file."
The Genealogist's Internet Primer, by Sharon L. Brevoort
This website is not operated by the LDS Family History Library.
The FHL Favorites file can also be downloaded at the Family History Library for free.
All comments and suggestions are welcome. e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org